If you are interested in receiving notifications about future sessions, please create an account here: SportsIllustratedPlay
CVRL FALL CLINIC SOCCER: AGES 4 THROUGH 9
▪ Saturday mornings 9/9-11/11
9:30am- 10:30 am – 4 to 5 years old
9:30am – 11am – 6 to 9 years old
▪ Clinic format is generally skills and drills for the first half of the session and scrimmages/games for the second half
▪ Teams are co-ed.
▪ Clinic is held in Druid Hill Park – Baseball field #B4 (known as Reptile House Field) at the corner of Beechwood and Greenspring. (Druid Hill Park Field Map)
▪ $45 fee includes team t-shirt
▪ Players should bring their own shin-guards and water bottles. Please have 4-5 year olds wear tennis shoes (NO cleats please for this age group). For older players, cleats are optional
▪ Register with SIPlay to keep updated and receive information when registration opens
▪ Registration is on a first come first serve basis and is contingent on how many coaches we have.
▪ Enrollment is limited by the number of volunteers and field space — please consider volunteering!
▪ Finally: All Volunteers, there will be a coach/volunteer meeting at the beginning of the session.
CHARLES VILLAGE SOCCER CLUB (CVSC) FALL TRAVEL SOCCER: AGES 8 THROUGH 14
While registration is now closed, spaces are available for U10- boys and girls and U12 boys. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in registering!
CVSC travel teams play in either the Archdiocese of Baltimore Soccer Program (ABSP) or the Central Maryland Soccer Association (CMSA), as determined by coaches and parents. Boys’ and Coed teams play on Saturday and Girls teams Sundays.
Children can begin CVRL travel soccer as early as age 8 at time of sign-up. This is the under 10 (U-10) level. The following chart provides an explanation of the age-groups:
|Age Groups for 2017||ABSP
(DOB falls between)
|U10||8/1/2007 to 7/31/2009|
|U12||8/1/2005 to 7/31/2007|
|U14||1/1/2003 to 7/31/2005|
Players, depending on skill level, can be pushed up an age-group, but not down.
Attendance at practice becomes mandatory once school begins. There will also be one mandatory team meeting for all players and parents between August 31st and Sept 6th. Information will be sent to parents ahead of the event.
Games will start after Labor Day. Once games begin, practices will be held one or two weeknights a week, with games on the weekend. Boys usually play Saturday and girls Sunday.
How to Register
All registration will be through Sports Illustrated Play (our online registration system — SIPlay). Registration is required to participate in the assessments. After assessments, players will be invited to join existing teams. If teams are full, you will be notified that your player is on a wait-list pending volunteers to coach them. Notifications will go out in July. Players who do not participate in assessments can sign up prior to the start of the season and will be assigned to the waiting list unless there is an opening on a team. Coaches cannot accept players who have not officially registered.
Payments can be made on-line by credit card or with a check via the mail. Checks should be made out to CVRL and mailed to CVRL c/o CVCBD, 2434 St. Paul Street 21218
The base cost for an ABSP team is $95 per player with a $5 per player discount for each additional family member. Further fees may be charged at a later date if your child’s team plays in the CMSA (which has higher fees).
Please follow the sign-up directions in Sports Illustrated Play carefully. You are required to register as an adult (to set up the account and for contact purposes) and then register each child. A child is not registered until you complete the entire process and either pay by credit card or receive a registration number and mail that in with your check.
We will email registered players and post here the practice schedules as soon as they are available.
All players will be loaned a team jersey. In order to manage our costs, a $25 check will be required for the jersey. We will return the check when the jersey is returned at the end of the season. CVRL also provides matching socks. Players are required to provide their own black shorts, shin guards and soccer cleats. There is a small collection of donated and outgrown cleats in the sports closet that you are welcome to check out once practice begins.
Any questions? Please email email@example.com
Thanks for playing! We look forward to another great season.
Go CVRL: City Sports for City Kids!